Top Drones Tech You Need To Know
May 7, 2018
I am a technically challenged person, that is till My wife got me this drone. Me, the once technology shy person transformed overnight into a drone nerd – I was eager to know everything about drones. If you are bitten by the drone bug read on about the latest drones’ tech that you must know before you buy a drone.
For a beginner, a microdrone is the best bet because it is small and easily fits into your palm and you can use it even indoors. You must be aware that there are several rules and regulations in various states regarding the use of recreational drones as they have caused some hazards in the past.
What is a Microdrone?
These are small palm-sized drones crafted exclusively for drone enthusiasts to get trained in the art of drone flying. They are inexpensive and weigh very little. These drones have all the controls that you find on larger drones without the safety features and GPS and links to smartphones and tablets. They are easy to maneuver and ideal for closed spaces. They These drones because of their small size have a low flight time.
What features should you look for?
- Look for features and controls that are intuitive
- The camera size and quality: Most beginner models will have average cameras and if you want better image quality the price increases proportionally.
- Battery life: Since the microdrones are small in size their battery size and capacity will also be limited.
- Headless mode because you are a beginner and you must learn the tricks of the trade
- The drone’s range: For a beginner model the range will be minimal but since you will fly it indoors it should not really matter.
It is paramount that you first learn to use the drone efficiently and smoothly before you invest in much larger and more expensive models. With experience you can opt for bigger models with more features are greater flight time.